Pokémon , abbreviated from Pocket Monsters , is an ongoing Japanese animated series, which has since been adapted for the North and South American, Australian and European television market. It is somewhat based on the Pokémon video game series and a part of the Pokémon franchise.
Originally a single series, Pokémon, it has since been made into three series, including Pokémon: Advanced Generation and subsequently Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, which sequentially continue the story of Pokémon
- Ash Ketchum : a 13-year-old fictional character and one of the main protagonists from the Pokémon anime. His dream is to become the greatest Pokémon Master in the world. There are also incarnations of him in a plethora of manga adaptations, of which include The Electric Tale of Pikachu, Pocket Monsters Zensho, and Ash & Pikachu. He is loosely based on Red, the protagonist of the games Pokémon Red and Blue. The family name "Ketchum" is a pun on the 4Kids series' franchise's former tagline and slogan, "Gotta catch 'em all"! Appears in seasons 1-current. Voiced by: Rica Matsumoto (Japanese), Veronica Taylor (4Kids Entertainment, English), Sarah Natochenny (Pokémon International, English), Kayzie Rogers (The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon Broadcast, English).
- Dawn : a 10-year-old Pokémon trainer and coordinator that travels with Ash Ketchum during Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl. Following in her mother's footsteps as a coordinator, she chooses a Piplup, which she had already befriended at an earlier point, and sets out with the goal of winning the Grand Festival. After meeting Ash and Brock, she becomes rivals with another coordinator, Zoey in "Arrival of a New Rival" Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl Series. Norihiko Sudou (Director). Cartoon Network. Aired on July 21, 2007. as well as her childhood friend, Kenny, and goes on to win the Floaroma Ribbon, the Wallace Cup's Aqua Ribbon, the Celestic Ribbon and the Chocovine Town Ribbon. Before entering her third contest, Dawn was very confident in herself, training with her Pokémon before every contest. However, after entering the Hearthome City Contest, Dawn started to lose confidence after she became the first coordinator to not pass the first round for the contest.Dawn has a tough personality and is commonly seen runing after team rocket when her Pokémon get abducted, going through various obstacles in her way. She is much like Ash on this side, and will do anything to save the day -or perhaps become a hero. Appears in seasons 10-12 (current). Voiced by: Megumi Toyoguchi (Japanese), Emily Bauer (English)
- May: the 10-year-old daughter of the Petalburg City Gym Leader, Norman, and sister of Max. She meets Ash Ketchum in Hoenn and starts traveling with him after obtaining her first Pokémon, Torchic. She originally dislikes Pokémon, but soon takes interest in Pokémon Contests. May has an interest in cute Pokémon, as an indicator of her girliness, and her Pokémon each have a cute feature. She soon develops rivalries with other contest participants, Drew and Harley. However, she meets up with Ash, Brock, and Dawn in Sinnoh sometime later to participate in the Wallace Cup. After narrowly losing to Dawn in the Wallace Cup Finals, she leaves the group to continue her journey in Johto. Appears in seasons 6-9, guest stars in season 11-12. She wearing bikini was body inflation and deflate like a balloon by twig in Pokemon DP Episode 76. Voiced by: Kaori Suzuki (Japanese), Veronica Taylor (4Kids, English), Michelle Knotz (Pokémon International, English)
- Brock: a 15-year old(when he met ash) Pokemon Breeder and the former Pewter Gym leader. Brock has dreams of being the world’s best Pokémon breeder. He is Ash's longest lasting traveling partner, having only been absent from Season 2. There is a much-used gag in the series where Brock falls in love with a girl and is either pulled away by the ear by Misty or Max or is hit with Croagunk's powerful Poison Jab, temporarily knocking him unconscious. Appears in seasons 1-12 (current), guest stars in season 2. Voiced by Eric Stuart (Seasons 1-8) and Bill Rogers (Seasons 9-current)
- Misty : Ash’s first traveling friend, who journeys with him throughout the first five seasons. Her dream is to be the world's greatest "Water Pokémon Master," but her means of accomplishing this are never really made clear. She has made several friends and rivals over the course of her journeys and claims she's a better Pokémon trainer than Ash. She is currently the Cerulean City gym leader. Misty has a huge crush on Ash, but refuses to admit it to him -instead, she hides it by showing her tough side to him. Appears in seasons 1-5, guest stars in seasons 7-8, 12. Voiced by: Rachel Lillis(Seasons 1-8) and Michele Knotz(Seasons 9-onward).
- Max : May's little and younger but smarter brother who traveled with her, Ash and Brock throughout seasons 6-9. Voiced by: Amy Birnbaum
- Tracey Sketchit: One of Ash’s traveling friends through Season 2, set in the Orange Islands. He is a Pokémon watcher, and is currently Professor Oak’s assistant. Voiced by: Ted Lewis and Craig Blair.
- Delia Ketchum
- Professor Oak
- Officer Jenny
- Nurse Joy
- Gary Oak
- The Looker
- Professor Rowan
- Professor Birch
- Professor Elm
- Giovanni: the evil leader of Team Rocket and the true main villain of the series—having inherited his position from his mother—and the Viridian City Gym Leader. He is constantly frustrated by the failures of his operatives Jessie, James and Meowth. Aside from the operations of Team Rocket, he also funded the creation of Mewtwo in Mewtwo Strikes Back. Mewtwo eventually escaped from him and he attempted to recapture the Pokémon in Mewtwo Returns—resulting in Mewtwo erasing all memories of himself from Giovanni's mind. It is stated that he and Delia Ketchum were possibly romantically involved as teenagers (implying that Giovanni may be Ash's biological father), and she never told Ash as she feared he would misunderstand. However, the musical is not considered canon. Giovanni has six twin brothers and they try to take over their region.
She wearing bikini was body inflation and deflate like a balloon by twig in Pokemon DP Episode 76.
He wearing speedo was body inflation and deflate like a balloon by twig in Pokemon DP Episode 76.
- Cyrus: the villainous leader of Team Galactic-His goal is to "create a new world" in his own image, as himself as the god of that world. In his first appearance, it was shown that he is a rich businessman who has made most of the buildings and libraries throughout Sinnoh. However, Ash and the others do not know that he is also the Team Galactic leader. Since then he has appeared many times as the Team Galactic leader. After his plans were ruined by Dawn and Mesprit, Dialga and Palkia sent him into a portal leading to a dfferent dimension. He was never seen again.